Pathology Support Services, Inc. (PSS) was founded in 1974 and incorporated in California in 1989. There are two divisions: Forensic and Anatomic. The Forensic Division managed the morgue and autopsy service for the Sacramento County Coroner’s Department for twenty-seven years and for the University of California, Davis, Sacramento Medical Center for thirteen years. We also provided service to Amador, El Dorado, and Glenn Counties.
In 1984 we began to receive calls from families and law firms to provide a private autopsy services. As a result of the increase in requests from families, hospitals, and law firms for private independent autopsies, PSS formed the Anatomic Division in 1995. Currently the Anatomic Division has offices in Sacramento, & Los Angeles, California, Miami, & Orlando, Florida, Nevada, and Texas. PSS has been involved in over 45,000 medical/legal and clinical autopsies. WE HAVE THE EXPERIENCE.
PSS provides accurate, high quality services to hospitals, institutions, government agencies, law firms, convalescent or funeral homes and families, nationwide. Our pathologists are all Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology, some are Board Certified in sub-specialties such as Clinical, Forensic and Neuropathology. All are fully qualified and experienced in court testimony.Our field technicians have two years of advanced Masters Degree training and ten years of experience.
- Provide a professional, sensitive, confidential and independent service.
- Take the ambiguity out of death for surviving family members and treating physicians.
- Protect and ensure the integrity of our health care delivery system by providing an independent quality assurance procedure.
- Collect data for evaluation of various diagnostic and treatment modalities.
- Complete Autopsies to determine cause of death, course of illness and pathology involved.
- “Brain only” Autopsies to determine the cause of dementia.
- Tissue collection for DNA testing.
- Tissue and organ collection for toxic tort civil litigation.
- Tissue and organ collection for research.